Apple iOS Mobile App provides users with the ability to make outbound calls showing their Talkroute Caller ID, check Call History, manage Voicemail Messages, and Mailboxes. To get started with the iOS Mobile App, please follow the steps below:
Starting with the iOS Mobile App
1. Download the iOS App from the Apple App Store here: Download
2. Once the app has been downloaded to your iPhone, launch the app by clicking the Talkroute icon. You will be prompted to allow push notifications. We recommend allowing push notifications so that you are notified of new Talkroute voicemail messages when not actively using the Talkroute app.
3. Enter your normal Talkroute account login information and choose "SIGN IN". If you don't have a Talkroute account, please choose the "Create Account" option at the bottom of the screen to complete registration.
4. Once you login into the app, you will be prompted to setup your mobile Talkroute account. Enter the mobile phone number of the iPhone you are utilizing and select the Talkroute number you wish to display as the Outgoing Caller ID.
5. You will have to go to the settings page by selecting the menu button indicated by the triple bar in the upper left-hand corner of the page. Choose Go To Settings. Once you are on the settings page, please check to make sure the cell phone number of your device matches the "Cellular Number" field. You can then select the virtual phone number you would like to display for outgoing calls under "Outgoing Calls". If text messaging has been activated for any of your virtual phone numbers, you can also select the "Outgoing Texts". Please see our guide on How to Send Text Messages for more info on activating text messaging.
6. You can also grant the app access to your device's local contact list so any contact names appear under your Call History, Voicemail, and Text Messages. The easiest way to do this is to go to the Keypad page, tap the 'user +' icon on the top right, then select OK.
Warning: If you do not enter the correct iPhone phone number, you will not be able to make outbound calls from the app. If you enter the wrong phone number, you can change it by accessing the "settings" screen by selecting the menu button indicated by the triple bar in the upper left-hand corner of the page.
Tip: If you have multiple Talkroute numbers, you can quickly change between them from the Keypad Page. Note: The Talkroute app works by calling an access number through your iPhone's regular dialer. This requires that you have voice and data access with your service provider for the app to work.
When testing these changes, you must dial your Talkroute Phone Number from a phone number that is NOT listed as a Forwarding Phone Number. If you attempt to call your Talkroute Phone Number from a Forwarding Phone Number, the call will disconnect or outbound dialing will be initiated (if enabled).