The iOS Mobile App provides users with the ability to make outbound calls showing their Talkroute Caller ID, check Call History, manage Voicemail Messages, and Mailboxes. To get started with the iOS Mobile App, please follow the steps below:
Starting with the iOS App
1. Download the iOS App from the Apple App Store. A link to all our different apps can be found here: Talkroute Applications
2. Once the app has been downloaded to your iPhone, launch the app by clicking the Talkroute icon. You will be prompted to allow push notifications. We recommend allowing push notifications so that you are notified of new Talkroute voicemail messages when not actively using the Talkroute app.
3. Enter your Talkroute account email address and password, then choose "SIGN IN".
4. Once you login into the app, you will be prompted to allow the Talkroute app to access your contacts. This provided the ability to display contact names within the Talkroute app and access your contact list for new Talkroute calls and texts. Tap OK to continue.
5. Go to the settings page by selecting the menu button indicated by the triple bar in the upper left-hand corner of the page. Choose Settings.
6. Once you are on the settings page, verify that the cell phone number of your device matches the "Cellular Number" field. If no number is entered in this field or the number is incorrect, simply type in your cell number. Entering your Talkroute virtual phone number or any other phone number in this field besides the cell phone number assigned to your device will cause outgoing calls to not connect properly.
If you have multiple virtual phone numbers under the account. you can select the default virtual phone number you would like to display for outgoing calls under "Outgoing Calls". If text messaging has been activated for any of your virtual phone numbers, you can also select the number for "Outgoing Texts". Please see our guide on How to Send Text Messages for more info on activating text messaging.
7. To place your first call, tap the menu button and go to the keypad page.
8. Tap the contacts button to select a contact from your phone to call or manually enter a 10-digit US/Canada phone number, then press the dial button.
9. You will get a call confirmation prompt showing your virtual phone number after selecting the dial button on the Talkroute app. Tap the call button to continue.
10. Your phone will dial your virtual phone number as an access number, but will connect you to the number you dialed in the app.
Warning: If you do not enter the correct iPhone phone number, you will not be able to make outbound calls from the app. If you enter the wrong phone number, you can change it by accessing the "settings" screen by selecting the menu button indicated by the triple bar in the upper left-hand corner of the page.
Tip: If you have multiple Talkroute numbers, you can quickly change between them from the Keypad Page. Note: The Talkroute app works by calling an access number through your iPhone's regular dialer. This requires that you have voice and data access with your service provider for the app to work.
When testing these changes, you must dial your Talkroute Phone Number from a phone number that is NOT listed as a Forwarding Phone Number. If you attempt to call your Talkroute Phone Number from a Forwarding Phone Number, the call will disconnect or outbound dialing will be initiated (if enabled).