Audio prompts are the audio files within your Talkroute phone system. These audio prompts may be anything from a custom welcome greeting, to a special closed message for calls after hours.
Audio File Types Explained:
- Welcome Greeting: This is the audio prompt your callers first hear when dialing your Talkroute Phone Number (e.g. "Thank you for calling ABC Company"). See How to Add a Custom Welcome Greeting to a Talkroute Phone Number
- Menu: This is the audio prompt your callers will hear when being directed to the Call Menu if activated (e.g. "Press #1 for sales, Press #2 for support"). See How to Add a Custom Menu Prompt to a Call Menu
- Announcement: This type of audio prompt can be used in a Menu Option (e.g. "Our Hours of Operation are...") or as a special Closed messages (e.g. "You have reached us after hours...") See How to Add a Custom Announcement to a Menu Option
- Music on Hold: This is the audio prompt your callers will hear while on hold. This can be music or a special message. See How to Change the Music on Hold
- Voicemail Greeting: This is the audio prompt your callers will hear when directed to Voicemail (e.g. "We are sorry to have missed your call..."). See How to Add a Custom Voicemail Greeting
For more information on adding audio files to your Talkroute account, please see this tutorial: