Audio Files are the messages and music that your callers will hear when dialing your Talkroute Phone Numbers. Audio files can be selected in many different areas in the system for things like Voicemail, Call Menu, and Virtual Phone Number Welcome Greetings.
Audio File Types Explained:
- Welcome Greeting: This is the audio prompt your callers first hear when dialing your Talkroute Phone Number (e.g. "Thank you for calling ABC Company").
-See How to Add a Custom Welcome Greeting to a Talkroute Phone Number
- Menu: This is the audio prompt your callers will hear when being directed to the Call Menu if activated (e.g. "Press #1 for sales, Press #2 for support").
-See How to Add a Custom Menu Prompt to a Call Menu
- Music on Hold: This is the audio your callers will hear while being forwarded to your forwarding phone number. This can be music or a special message.
-See How to Change the Music on Hold
- Voicemail Greeting: This is the audio prompt your callers will hear when directed to a Voicemail box (e.g. "We are sorry to have missed your call...").
-See How to Add a Custom Voicemail Greeting
- Other: This type of audio prompt can be used in a Menu Option (e.g. "Our Hours of Operation are...") or as special closed messages (e.g. "You have reached us after hours...").
-See How to Add a Custom Announcement to a Menu Option
For more information on adding audio files to your Talkroute account, please see this tutorial:
Don't have a Talkroute account?
Click here to try our virtual phone system for free!