A Dial By Name Directory allows your callers to dial digits that correspond with letters on their dial pad that match predefined extensions. Once the Caller dials the desired extension they will be connected directly to that team member or department. To setup a Dial By Name Directory, please follow the steps below:
Before adding the Dial by Name Directory, be sure the following is completed:
- Create the desired extensions. See this tutorial for help with adding extensions: https://support.talkroute.com/hc/en-us/articles/219336437-How-to-Add-Multiple-Digit-Extensions
Note: The extension numbers must correspond to the desired letters on the dial pad (e.g. Smith = x7648). Talkroute allows users to create an unlimited number of extensions so you can create both a common extension (e.g. x1001) and a dial by name extension for every user in your organization.
- Upload or record the Dial by Name Directory audio file. See this tutorial for help with adding audio files: https://support.talkroute.com/hc/en-us/articles/214631397-How-to-Add-Audio-Files
1) Login to your Talkroute account and navigate to the Manager section.
2) Navigate to the Call Menu section and create a menu option by clicking the "Add New Menu Option" button.
3) Select the desired option number, Description (e.g. "Company Directory"), and select the "Send calls to your phones?" drop down and choose "No".
4) Select the desired audio file from the "What audio file should we play?" drop down and choose the desire destination from the "Where do you want to send callers?" drop down.
5) Expand the "More Options" section and select the "Allow dialing of extensions during greeting?" drop down and choose "Yes". Once you have made these selections, click "Save & Close".
6) The new Menu Option is ready for use and will show a route summary containing the destination.
Note: When testing these changes, you must dial your Talkroute Phone Number from a phone number that is NOT listed as a Forwarding Phone Number. If you attempt to call your Talkroute Phone Number from a Forwarding Phone Number, the call will disconnect or outbound dialing will be initiated (if enabled).
Have Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org