A Company Directory allows you to list the available 3 or 4 digit extensions to your callers. Callers can then dial the desired extension and be connected directly to that team member or department. To setup a Company Directory, please follow the steps below:
Before adding the Company Directory, be sure the following is completed:
- Create the desired extensions. See this tutorial for help with adding extensions: https://support.talkroute.com/hc/en-us/articles/219336437-How-to-Add-Multiple-Digit-Extensions
- Upload or record the Company Directory audio file. See this tutorial for help with adding audio files: https://support.talkroute.com/hc/en-us/articles/214631397-How-to-Add-Audio-Files
1) Login to your Talkroute account and navigate to the Manager section.
2) Navigate to the Call Menu section and create a menu option by clicking the "Add New Menu Option" button.
3) Select the desired option number, Description (e.g. "Company Directory"), and select the "Send calls to your phones?" drop down and choose "No".
4) Select the desired audio file from the "What audio file should we play?" drop down and choose the desire destination from the "Where do you want to send callers?" drop down.
5) Expand the "More Options" section and select the "Allow dialing of extensions during greeting?" drop down and choose "Yes". Once you have made these selections, click "Save & Close".
6) The new Menu Option is ready for use and will show a route summary containing the destination.
Note: When testing these changes, you must dial your Talkroute Phone Number from a phone number that is NOT listed as a Forwarding Phone Number. If you attempt to call your Talkroute Phone Number from a Forwarding Phone Number, the call will disconnect or outbound dialing will be initiated (if enabled).
Have Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org