Outbound Dialing provides users with the ability to make a call and display their Talkroute Phone Number as the Caller ID. Outbound Dialing works with any phone and gives users the ability to utilize their device of choice without displaying that device’s Phone Number to the individual receiving the call. To activate and use Outbound Dialing, please follow the steps below:
Make Outbound Calls Utilizing the Talkroute Mobile App.
2) Launch the app and login using your Talkroute Account information. For more information on setting up the Talkroute app check out Getting Started: iOS Mobile App & Getting Started: Android Mobile App
Make Outbound Calls Utilizing the Talkroute Outbound Dialing feature.
1) Login to your Talkroute account and navigate to the user icon and click "Account".
2) Under the Account Information section, check "Enable Outbound Dialing" and click "Update Account Information".
Note: You may enter a PIN if you wish for a security code to be required when making an outbound call. Leaving the PIN field blank will disable the security PIN feature.
3) Navigate to the Settings section and select the Forwarding Phone Numbers tab. Make sure the device you wish to call out from is listed as a Forwarding Phone Number. If not, you will need to add your device as a Forwarding Phone Number. See How to Add a Forwarding Phone Number.
4) Once you have finished enabling Outbound Dialing and confirming your device is listed as a Forwarding Phone Number, you may begin making outbound calls:
- 1a. Dial your Talkroute Phone Number from your Phone. Remember, your phone must be listed under Forwarding Phone Number within your account to activate the Outbound Dialing system.
- 2a. If you have activated the security PIN feature, you will be prompted to enter it at this time. By default, your account will not require a security PIN. You may enable a security PIN within the Account page of your Talkroute Control Panel.
- 3a. You will be prompted to enter the (10) digit phone number you wish to dial. Be sure to dial +1 and the area code.
The contact you dialed will see the Talkroute Phone Number as the incoming Caller ID
Tip: You can use outbound dialing even if you have multiple Talkroute Phone Numbers. Simply dial the desired Talkroute Phone Number you wish to display on the outgoing Caller ID.
- Outbound Dialing only works within the Continental United States and Canada at this time
- 911 is not supported. If you have an emergency, dial 911 directly
Have Questions? Contact us at 1.312.219.8705 or [email protected]